At the moment Apple does not allow the installation of third party sphere in the Apple Watch. And it does not seem to be in his future plans either. However, this does not mean that we can not customize our watch with our own spheres . Thanks to the complications that each of them adds and the different colors, we can create unique spheres. Even go a step further, use GIFs as spheres.
Unique spheres in the Apple Watch: GIFs, Live Photos and much ingenuity
One of the spheres available in watchOS is that of Photos. This sphere allows us to select an image or several to be configured as a background image on the clock face. On it the time and two more complications will be shown. Since we can put any image as the background of the sphere … the limit is in our imagination.
Setting up a photo as a sphere is very simple. Simply go to the image in Photos and click on Share> Configure as sphere. However, you can expand these possibilities using GIFs and Live Photos as spheres. So you can do it:
- Install on your iPhone an app with GIFs, for example GIPHY.
- Find the GIF that you like and save it in your photo library as Live Photo.
- In the Photos app, select the GIF you have saved and click on Edit.
- Change the keyframe at the end of the horizontal bar, the frame you choose as the keyframe will be the end of the animation in the Apple Watch.
- Save the changes and set the image as a sphere on the Apple Watch.
- Change the complications or other customizations of the sphere in the app Watch if you feel like it.