Our Apple ID is responsible for managing and centralizing all our identity in the Apple ecosystem , hence the name Apple ID. In this digital account we can not only save our preferences and synchronize our devices, but also organize payments for content that we consume. Surely you have a linked bank account to be charged directly from the bank whenever you make a purchase, but you can also save your balance in the Apple ID and not depend on a bank account.
Balance on the Apple ID so as not to link a bank account
What is the advantage of having a balance in the Apple ID if, in the end, the same is paid? Very simple, it allows you to better manage and control payments . For example, imagine that it is the iPhone or iPad of a minor, adding a balance to your Apple Id you ensure you will not spend more than what is available.
Add balance to an Apple ID is really simple:
- Open Settings on the device where the Apple ID is linked.
- Go to the iTunes Store and App Store.
- Click on the Apple ID at the top.
- Choose Add balance to Apple ID.
- Select the amount you want to add, Apple offers a series of sums but you can add the exact amount that interests you.
- Confirm payment with Face ID, Touch ID or by entering the password.
Ready, now that Apple account will have the assigned balance that will be charged from the linked bank account. This is especially useful to control the expenses of a minor or for example to self-manage yourself. In my case for example, it helps me to allocate a quarterly amount and control not pass me or be able to see at the end of the period how much I have saved.