The applications are the soul of our phones. They help us find directions, to communicate, to be more creative or to be informed, but there is one in particular that could take the title to the Swiss knife of the apps, allowing us to automate countless tasks to take full advantage of our devices. We talk about IFTTT.
IFTTT is the abbreviation of “If this, then that”, that is, if one thing happens, another will automatically occur . Those things can go from receiving an email if it’s going to rain down to changing our wallpaper every time we take a picture. The combinations are endless and today we bring you 17 recipes with IFTTT to make your Android an even smarter device.
17 IFTTT recipes for Android
- Turn off WiFi when you leave the house : outside of the house we do not usually use WiFi, but if we leave it activated, the phone will continue searching for networks and consuming battery. and with this trick you can avoid it. Simply add your address so that the device connects the WiFi connection will be activated automatically when you are at home.
- And activate it again when you return : now we go for a complementary trick that also serves to save, but in this case what we save is data. With this recipe, your mobile will know when you are at home and activate the WiFi network so you can navigate at full speed without fear of exhausting your rate.
- Receive a notification if WiFi is disconnected : we continue with the WiFi connection. Surely it has happened to you to be in the sofa using the mobile and, after one hour watching videos of YouTube, to realize that the WiFi was deactivated. Never again with this trick.
- Change your wallpaper with the best images of Reddit : if you like to have amazing photos of wallpaper but looking for them you get lazy, this trick is for you.
- If you prefer, you can also use the photo of NASA’s day
- … or from the 500px selection
- Remember to return a missed call : if you receive a call on your mobile and you do not answer, IFTTT will create a reminder on your calendar so that you do not have to answer.
- Turn up the volume to the maximum after a missed call : your phone rings but you do not hear it, a classic. With this recipe, the volume will rise to the maximum so that, if they call you again, listen loud and clear.
- Turn up the volume to the maximum when they call you from a specific number : we all have a contact stored in our mobile from whom we never want to miss a call. With this recipe, your mobile will maximize the volume when that person calls you.
- Do not miss any important calls : if you have a silent phone and someone needs to contact you urgently, it is quite likely that you will call several times in a row. This recipe will activate the sound of your Android when it receives a second call of the same number in a short space of time.
- Keep track of all calls : as your name indicates, the mobile call log stores all the calls we make or receive, but if that seems small, with this recipe all your calls will be written in a spreadsheet of Google Drive.
- And keep a record of your SMS : if you want, you can also have all the SMS in a spreadsheet.
- Save all the new photos in Dropbox : there are many services that allow you to store the new photos you make with your Android in the cloud. With this recipe, all images will be stored automatically in Dropbox.
- You can also save them in Drive : Drive is another possibility to store your mobile photos. Of course, if you plan to store many images, both in this service and in Dropbox you will need to buy storage.
- Silence your phone at night : the most recent versions of Android already have a Do Not Disturb mode and with this IFTTT recipe you can get the same effect, although it consists of two steps.
- And activate the sound again in the morning : obviously, the second step is to reactivate the sound of your Android at the time you choose to get up in the morning.