DIY Home Remedies: Use Vinegar solution to get the perfect DIY homemade window cleaner that doesn’t streak!
Today we will talk about the one and only “DIY home remedy” to clean a house window and this remedy is called VINEGAR. You will learn how to prepare a homemade window cleaner using vinegar solution and how to choose a concentration (depending on the amount of dirt on the surface).
So, let’s get started.
Use Vinegar to Create Best Window Cleaning Solution
Vinegar is sort of a magical liquid that people use for centuries to make different magical things happen. That’s what any man thinks hearing the stories from his mother / aunt / grandmother/ great grandmother and so on. And partially it is true. Because behind this magic there is a perfect balance of chemical elements that makes vinegar a unique liquid with millions of ways to use it, except for its main purpose – food seasoning.
How to Create DIY Homemade Window Cleaner
- To prepare a good solution for window cleaning, you need to take one part of distilled vinegar to one part of hot water. That’s it. That’s the “magic” recipe to clean your windows using a homemade easy to stir solution. After you learn how to mix water and vinegar in equal proportion – 50% of the required work is already done.
- Do not start to clean the windows immediately after making the solution. First the glass needs to be moistened, allow it to stay like this for a few minutes. Then get started with your regular cleaning movements and so on.
- Always try to remove excessive water from the squeegee. Clean from the top to the bottom of the glass with narrow stripes – one by one without a rush. The slower and more accurate you move the squeegee – the less moves you will have to repeat afterwards.
- It is better to start cleaning when there is no direct sunlight on the glass. Together with that – try to rinse and wipe the frames before you finish to prevent the damage.
- Significant amounts of dirt are also not a problem if you will follow this simple hint: try to pre-wash the dirty areas with soapy water and let it absorb some moisture. Then proceed with the homemade window cleaner Experienced housewives claim this trick to have the best window cleaning outcome. Very easy – soak with soapy water – then clean with the magic vinegar cleaning recipe. Only two steps.
Impacts of Homemade Window Cleaner Solution
Now let’s talk about the aftermath. Even the most experienced people in housekeeping sometimes cannot avoid the streaks. Not to mention the people who read this article in a seek of some advise. Do not rush to blame the vinegar solution. Streaks are usually caused by the chemicals in numerous cleaning products and partially by the elements dissolved in the water that you use to create the homemade window cleaner.
This is very easy to eliminate – don’t you worry!
If streaks are your often visitors – try to use the following solution:
- 2 cups of water and ¼ cup of distilled vinegar.
- After mixing this – add a spoon of dish-washing liquid.
- All these ingredients must be combined in a bottle and used only as a SPRAY.
After the cleaning is done – there should be less streaks and if you are more experienced in window cleaning – there should be not even a single one at all!
Guys, this is all for today, hope you liked our post about creating a homemade window cleaner solution using vinegar. Please don’t forget to share your feedback and suggestions with us.
Also, please share your experience and don’t forget to comment if you try this DIY at home.
Happy Window Cleaning!
About the Contributor
This guest post was submitted by Apex Window Werks, a Chicago-based company which provides the following services: house window glass repair & replacement, broken glass replacement, window defogging, rotten window restoration and many more. Visit their website for more details about their services, get a free quote and estimation for your project.